Effectiveness of Green Infrastructure in Reducing drainage flow
Below is an interactive app showing the effectiveness of various kinds of green infrastructure in reducing runoff from an urban catchment.
How to use it
- Select a case from the drop-down menu. As you select, the details of each case will be shown below.
- In the form below enter the percentage of built-up area (impervious fraction) in the urban catchment.
- Enter the area of the green infrastructure solution as a percentage of the whole catchment.
- Press 'submit'
- A graph with the following will be shown:
- Runoff from the catchment under 'pristine' conditions (No urbanization at all!)
- Runoff under current urbanization (represented by the built-up area above)
- Runoff under 'final' conditions (catchment is urbanized, but you have installed the green infrastructure covering the specified percentage area).